It’s one of the most frequently asked interview questions:
Tell me about yourself.
Don’t be afraid of this question; instead use it as an opportunity to position yourself for success.Your response to this question will set the tone for the rest of the interview or your answer can make or break you as a candidate.
For some, this is the most challenging question to answer, as they wonder what the interviewer really wants to know and what information they should include.
You are almost guaranteed to be asked to tell about yourself, and your interviewer truly is interested in getting to know you.
Your answers need to take the question seriously and you need to answer sincerely, but make sure you are actually painting a colorful and detailed portrait of yourself, not a simple line sketch.
Many people fail in their job search because they are too often focused on what they want in a job including industry, type of position, location, income, benefits, and work environment.
You will be interviewing with the different managers, the finance manager, the sales manager, and the CEO. The first question each of them will ask you is: “Tell me about yourself.” How should you respond? Remember the second reason for succeeding in interview: focus on the needs of the people in the organization.
Following thing should be remember while answering this Major Question.
1. Be Brief: One of the first things to remember is to keep the information short and relevant. Try to speak in short sentences and moreover, try to give them as much information as possible in the less time.
2. Dont be repeated information from the CV: You should ascertain that none of the information that you provide about yourself is repeated or duplicated from your curriculum vitae. Therefore, even your curriculum vitae should only contain the necessary and relevant information, while all other miscellaneous information should be disclosed during the answers.
3. The Wrong Response: Another important thing that you should remember is that you should not give any false information while answering the Tell Me about Yourself Interview question. Companies are known to sack people even after years of working, simply on the basis of some false information provided to them during the initial interview.
4. Be relevant: It is very important that no irrelevant and unnecessary information is given out during the question. The question seems to be quite simple, but it is actually one of those make or break questions, from which an interviewee can never recover and hence loses the job opportunity.
5. Facts and figures: While telling about yourself, be prepared to be asked further questions about any facts and figures that you have provided. For example, if you have said that you have Experience, make sure that you joining date & releaving date from conmpany carry a copy Experience certificate. Any information given without the relevant proof may be doutful.
6. Do Not Tell them More about Yourself : You should not disclose too much information. Also, you should not give them too much information about your family members. Of course, you would have to inform them about the number of family members that you have, and whether they work or not, and if yes, where, those kinds of details, but telling them anything apart from that is not suggested.
7.Practice: Practice with your script until you feel confident about what you want to emphasize in your statement. Your script should help you stay on track, but you shouldn’t memorize it — you don’t want to sound stiff and rehearsed. It should sound natural and conversational.“write your answer out before the interview, practice it, time it and rehearse it until it sounds natural.
Even if you are not asked this type of question to begin the interview, this preparation will help you focus on what you have to offer. You will also find that you can use the information in this exercise to assist you in answering other questions. The more you can talk about your product — you — the better chance you will have at selling it.
Create an answer which caters to the requirements of the organization and its people. Try describing your attributes in a way which fulfills the needs of organization.
MBAhotspot.com l Download Free Mba Projects